Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Monday, August 16, 2010

My son's Toy Story Party

This past saturday we threw my son's fifth birthday party and we went with a toy story theme. I have just begun to dabble and get into all these party planning and dessert table blogs and they really inspired me to begin taking it to the next level. Of course, I still do things my way and thats with a budget and always with my birthday child at the forefront! I spent about 120 dollars on all the food and decorations-- I just did it all homemade. I made homemade pizza (since Andy goes to Pizza Planet), hot dogs, chicken ka-bobs, salads, and dips for the main meal. Since it was summer I was able to get 90% of all the veggies right from our garden, so that was a huge money saver! I made a cute banner for outside and decorated with curled ribbons everywhere-- I have to be honest, I am not a big balloon person since they pop and make obnoxious noises and are a choking hazard for young guests, so this cut down on cost too. I didn't get any pictures of the outside stuff, but here is the dessert table.








The cupcake ideas came from http://hubpages.com/hub/Toy-Story-Birthday-Cakes. I already had the cake platter and got the two candy holders at the dollar store. I made the brownie toppers with pictures I had found online- so free :) These aren't pictured since I couldn't put them out due to the heat, but I made chocolate covered marshmallows by freezing them and then dipping them in the chocolate and they were a big hit with the kids and adults. The party was so much fun! The weather was great and we are so blessed to begin another year with our special little guy :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've seen so many of these dessert tables and decorations on blogs...so cute!! GREAT JOB!!

LinkWithin