Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent

We have been asked a few times how we make our own laundry detergent and so since we made a big batch this past week, I thought I'd share. Its incredibly easy and only requires 3 ingredients.
1. Borax 2. Arm and Hammer Washing Baking Soda 3. 3-5 Bars of Fels Nappa Soap.
Pour the first two ingredients into your container. Then grate the fels Nappa soap in just like you would cheese. Stir it all up. This is the part my kids like to help with.
Then proceed to wash clothes. I find it takes about a 1/4 cup a load and things come out nice and clean. To avoid having the fels nappa not break up, dont do too big of a load and I think it works better with warm water if your load of wash is bigger. I also have previously shared that we don't use a dryer. At all. Here is the link where I shared about our amazing drying rack-- between the two you will have lower energy usage, less money spent, and more natural clothes cleaning happening in your home. I'll leave you with my favorite laundry quote: "Laundry is like God's love-- never ending!" http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5690151281930472906#editor/target=post;postID=3655682755814600033

1 comment:

angie said...

My dryer just stopped heating. Thanks for reminding me that I can do without.
I have never made my own laundry det. but I am going to make my own stain remover as soon as I have an empty spray bottle.

LinkWithin