Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Friday, April 2, 2010

Pasta Fagiloi Soup

Its late and I am not sure if I spelled the title of the soup right, but, this is my favorite soup ever and I have tweaked it to my tastes, and well, I like it and hope you will too:

you will need:

minced garlic
some crushed red pepper
diced onion (I like about a 1/4 of an onion)
parsley
dried basil
some chopped celery (about two stalks should do)
half a bag of frozen spinach thawed
half a box of ditalini or orzo pasta
can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
can of diced tomatoes (14.5 ozs)
can of white navy beans
vegetable broth (I use about five bouillon cubes and then add the right amount of water)
olive oil

In large pot, heat oil. Add diced onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Saute for a few minutes. Salt and pepper. Add broth, tomatoes, spinach, celery, parsley, basil, and bring soup to a boil. Add pasta and beans and simmer on low until pasta is cooked and you are ready to eat. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy! Voila!

No comments:

LinkWithin