Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Chip and Raspberry Muffins

I think if you are going to transition to clean eating, one of the best pieces of advice that I can give is make things in bulk! I love making big batches of muffins and freezing some or keeping them in the fridge for a week of simpler breakfasts that are still nourishing but also super fast! I was making a batch of blueberry flax seed muffins when my kids asked for some chocolate ones. Well, why not? These are a healthy alternative to a sugary cereal and passed with flying colors for my kids taste test wise.
I used: one and a half cups of whole wheat flour. 1/4 cup of raw sugar. 1 tsp of vanilla extract. 1/4 cup of cocoa powder. 1/4 cup of unsweetened choc. chips. 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries. 1 egg. 3/4-1 cup of milk ( I started with 3/4 cups but my mix still seemed to dry, so I added little splashes of milk till it was a smoother consistency). 1 and a half tsp. of baking powder. I am very unceremonious when I make muffins (and also short on time and plentiful in the helper department) so I quickly mixed everything together. If you would like vegan muffins, you could substitute a 1/3 cup or coconut oil for the egg and orange juice in for the milk. I got about 10 muffins from this and baked them at 350 degrees for 22 minutes (cooking times may vary). Once they cooled, I placed them in a container or ziploc bag and we enjoyed them for several days.
And here are my adorable little helpers waiting for them to finish baking
And a mixed tray of blueberry flax seed and chocolate chocolate chip and raspberry hot from the oven! Yummy!

No comments:

LinkWithin