Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Healthy Baby sleep habits

Okay, I am blogging about this because I love to talk about Baby safety because thats where my background is and its so important! Here are just some really good safety tips and some pointers too:

*I have found that when swaddling the baby in a little burrito, thermal blankets work the best and last better then the flannel ones hands down

* Once your baby can wiggle out of the swaddling, its time for a sleep sack. I love sleep sacks because they are a very easy and comfortable sleep solution over; plus, they have come along way and you can even get them with sleeves now.

* If you have a cute mobile, this should leave the crib at 6 months. A better alternative altogether is a Fisher Price aquarium toy that attaches to the side. Once a bay can pull themselves up, they can get strangled in the mobile.

* Baby bumpers are cute, but unnecessary and a strangulation and suffocation hazard. Plus, as babies get bigger, they can use them to help climb out and get hurt falling out. I have never owned one and my kids have never banged their heads on the bars of the crib.

* To get baby to sleep through the night, slowly start dropping the length of their feedings or the ozs in their bottles slowly over a couple of nights. Once they're 2 or 3 months, night time feedings are more of a snack then a necessity in most babies.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now :)

No comments:

LinkWithin