Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Friday, March 26, 2010

Paper Flowers




This is a picture of some flower pits we made yesterday. While it is cute, it was really good for fine motor skills development. And, while I would like to say it was a pleasant experience, I am going to be honest and say it was horrible and not my big kids fault. First, I could not find our paintbrushes and I wanted them to paint the egg cartons. I finally succumbed to coloring it with markers and wouldn't you know the baby choose that moment to begin crying in earnest. Every thing was already laid out and my kids were ready to go, so I sat him on my hip and tried to do it one handed with him wimpering off and on. I was hoping to have my son cut the flower patterns out, but did it myself since it would have been harder to help him maneuver the scissors with one hand then it was for me to do it with one hand. However, they are super cute and the kids are so proud of their flower assembles that it was worth it. We used magazine cutouts for the flowers, but if you had extra fabric, you could do it that way.

1 comment:

angie said...

I love re-using pretty images from magazine pages, too.

LinkWithin