Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Friday, April 30, 2010

Money, Honey!


This morning we did some money activities during our school time. My son who is older had to sort coins based on penny, nickel, dime, and quarter. I had my daughter sort nickel and copper coins in to two different piles. Then my son began sorting clean pennies from dirty pennies and asked me why some were dirty and if we could clean them. I looked it up and it was so easy! Take 1/4 cup of white vinegar and a tsp of salt. Stir together and then add a few pennies. Hold one penny half way in and after about 30 seconds you can see a difference in the two sides-- we even did one with a stripe across the middle. My kids loved cleaning their pennies and I love clean, so win win :) Now, we're going to read King Midas!

No comments:

LinkWithin