Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Monday, December 13, 2010

Buying in Bulk




We do our grocery shopping once every two weeks and we save some money, but mostly a lot of time (and time is money, right?). I buy my ground beef in the big bulk packages and it is so much cheaper! So, once I have it I make a few meatloafs and bake them altogether and then once they have cooled, I freeze them in freezer safe bags. This saves me more time later on since I can just pull them from the freezer and heat it with no fuss or extra prep. Then, I will do either one of two things.

1. Take the remaining 2/3 and make a huge batch of meatballs. I freeze portions in bags and then just heat with my sauce and they are done by the time the pasta is

2. take 1/3 and make some seasoned hamburgers. I freeze these before cooking and will just take them out that morning to heat on a skillet at dinner time.

This has saved me tons of time and money. Happy cooking all :)

No comments:

LinkWithin