Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Goals



A long, long time ago way back in college land, our professor asked us to make 5, 10, 15, and 20 year goals for our Spiritual, Financial, and maybe social lives. I'm pretty sure that whatever I handed into him, I immediately threw it out, because as much as I love lists, I hate longterm goals. I just don't see how they fit into my life ;)

The way I see it, the only place I wanna be whether tomorrow or 20 years from now, is right where God wants me to be. The only thing I want to be doing in 15 years or 15 seconds, is whatever He has assigned me to do. I just feel like MY personal goals, may be steering me wrong or cutting God short in my life. Why limit or put expectations on things that He can do will lead me?

"Commit thy way unto the Lord...and he shall bring it to pass." Ps. 37:5

And just so you know, I think "it" here is more along the lines of His agenda then mine and I sure am grateful for that!

No comments:

LinkWithin