Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Risotto Magic!!






Can you tell we are really cooking again and getting back to our regular schedule?

Anyway this risotto truly was magical as it got my 19 month old to actually eat green veggies, and shock alert-- he LIVED!

I have never made risotto before and since Matt wasnt going to be home for dinner, I didn't have to feel bad about our completely vegetarian dinner :) I got the recipe from a Martha Stewart Food cookbook but found it on her website: http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=5690151281930472906

It was pretty easy to make especially when I realized we have been making the fast-mom-needs-to-serve-dinner-quickly version: cheesy orzo. We cook our 1 cup of orzo in one and about a 1/3 cup of boiling broth and then add parmesan cheese, stir, serve, and eat. We add some parsley for color, but my kids and husband love this like crazy!

Also, I was wary about trying this recipe before as I don't like zucchini, but I bit the bullet because I want the kids to like it regardless, and guess what?! I LOVED the zucchini in here so much I was fishing around for it and making sure i got extra pieces in my second serving!

So, enjoy-- bring some small amount of simple deliciousness to your family!

No comments:

LinkWithin