Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Monday, July 9, 2012

Pork Meatballs

Growing up in a half Itallian home meant that every Sunday after church we would come home and eat some form of pasta. And even though my mom was the non-Itallian, she made amazing meatballs.

These days I am a vegetarian, yet my men-folk LOVE their meatballs! Due to my husbands work schedule, we dont always have our sunday pasta, but I did make some this sunday along with a twist on my mama's meatballs and I hope you enjoy them as much as my men do :) Ciao!



I had a pound of organic ground pork and had saved some bacon drippings from earlier this month. To do this, when your bacon is done cooking and the pan has cooled, pour the grease and little bacon bits into a container and when it is cool enough, place in freezer. I just defrosted it along with my meat and the smell even before it began to cook was heavenly-- and again, I'm a vegetarian!





Pork Meatballs
1. 1 lb of ground pork ( I got mine from the local farmers market)
2. 3 tbs of leftover bacon grease
3. 1 large egg
4. 1/4 cup of grated parmigano cheese
5. 1/2 cup of itallian breadcrumbs
6. 1 tsp. of dried basil (my husband does not like leaves in his meatballs, but you're welcome to use fresh)
7. 1 tsp. of dried oregano
8. 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
9. 2 cloves of garlic minced
10. 1 tsp mccormick steak seasoning

Begin by mixing your egg first and then add bacon grease and then the meat. Allow to mix well and then add seasonings and let mix till mixed through. Roll into balls and place in baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until desired brown-ness.

Enjoy-- It makes enough for more than one meal and they freeze wonderfully!

No comments:

LinkWithin