Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Clean- Eating Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes

Today is national pancake day and just because I can't have pancakes, I saw no reason my kids should miss out. I am just going to give you a heads up-- these smell so, so good! I thought that I had made a double batch-- but the kids ate up every last pancake. And, the good news? They're so healthy I don't care.
Recipe: 1 and a half cups of whole wheat flour * 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats * 1 tsp of raw sugar * 4 tsp of baking powder * 3 eggs * 2 cups of milk * 1 tsp of vanilla extract * 1/4 tsp of organic cinnamon * raisins (about 1/2 a cup). Get a skillet and grease it with some organic butter and then while its warming up, mix all the ingredients except the raisins. When pan is ready, begin making pancakes. When bubbles appear, sprinkle some raisins on top and flip (be advised-- at this point there will be a gathering at your table as the smell begins to saturate the air).
Like I said, the kids loved these and there was barely a crumb left, so I could barely get pictures taken as I flipped pancakes, poured syrup, and cut pancakes-- these were a creation that turned sensation :) Happy National Pancake Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin