Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Day

I'm talking about the day most people probably think of when I say we homeschool and they say, "Oh, I dont think I could ever homeschool my child!" Well, homeschoolers do have those days.. I feel like we have had several in a row as a matter of fact. But, honestly, they dont happen all of the time, but I don't think it would be fair if I only talked about the highs of homeschooling. Every single thing in this world has its highs and lows-- sports, buisnesses, regular schools and teachers, and also homeschoolers. If you think my children are perfect or I am perfect, then you need to see the bigger picture. At this moment while I sit typing this, frozen pizza (nope, not even homemade because yes, we have those days too!) is heating in the oven and the kids are watching bob the builder. I'm tired and it was a long day and this is my white flag of surrender-- This is obviously a different day-- a better day! But each type of day is good-- if we didnt have the bad, how could we fully appreciate the absolutely amazing ones? Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials- James 1:2. I think we need days like today to work on our attitude of joy. To focus on what is good, and pure and lovely-- not on whats getting us down. Isnt he precious? Today I was thinking of my mom who had 3 girls and would occassionally spend time cleaning out all of our barbies and giving them a much needed brushing and dressing because I was organizing and cleaning out a big tote of legos and then one of playmobils-- thats life with 2 soon to be 3 boys ;) This little munchkin though thought it funny when mommy was sitting on the floor trying to go through everything and bending over around a bowling ball of a stomache to keep coming up and poking me in the hiney. Never a dull moment.... except when frozen pizza is cooking and sprout is one... ahhhh... I love you dull moment!

No comments:

LinkWithin