Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Golden Years

Tonight as I was making dinner I glanced into the dining room and saw two of my children happily playing Bingo together while my youngest chewed on some toys nearby and my oldest was singing in the shower. My house seemed so ful of love and joy and family and togetherness. Right then I took a mental picture since I never want to forget the moment. The moment when our home is overflowing with noises, giggles, chatter, songs, thumping, and just overall filled with the melody of life with four kids under one small little roof. I felt so blessed. My heart was just overflowing. Don't get me wrong, we have our days and I mean days where things are crazy but I do stop myself and remember soon our house will be quiet. Our children will grow. We won't have sticky handprints to clean, mountains of laundry to fold, shoes to tie, teeth to brush, diapers to change.... It'll one day be behind my husband and I. Can I be honest? I feel like these are my golden years. These years when my husband and I have a full, loud, chaotic, and joyful home... These are the days I will treasure in my heart. I have to be honest it's not always easy to stop and enjoy the moments and sounds and accidents and drama... But when I do, I feel immeasurably blessed by God. He has given us so much and I am so thankful that we can stop and enjoy and savor our golden years of a full nest. " Slow down, we've got time left to be lazy - All the kids have bloomed from babies into flowers in our eyes - We've got fifty good years left to spend out in the garden - I don't care to beg your pardon, we should live until we die" fun. The gambler

No comments:

LinkWithin