Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Whats Cooking this Week



This week we have been striving to eat healthier and at home. I made this pasta dish from my own recipe off the top of my head based on what I was craving and it turned out sooooo yummy!

Boil Broccoli and when water comes to a boil, add the Bowtie pasta and some frozen spinach (I probably used a cup)

In skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter to marry with a generous dose of olive oil (think a cup- to a cup and a half). Add some minced garlic-- about a tbs.

When pasta is done, stir some tomatoes diced up in with the garlic, strain pasta and broccoli and spinach pot and then stir in with olive oil sauce. Turn off the heat and serve with some parmesean cheese. I also stirred in some Tastefully Simple Tuscan Tomatoe dip mix, but I'm sure a similar mrs. dash would suffice.

Good ol' Martha has her cookbook recipes online, so here is the link for our family's favorite tortilla pie-- I omit the beer when I do it and instead of cooking everything first, just mix it in a bowl and laer it that way-- saves you a step and pot to wash and still really yummy. http://www.marthastewart.com/336692/tortilla-and-black-bean-pie

No comments:

LinkWithin