Home  //   About  //   Life  //   Homeschool  //   Recipes  //   Places to Play in PA  

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Greek Inspired Baked Spinach Dip



I apologize because this isn't even a finished product photo, but, we were uh, too busy eating it when it came out of the toaster oven (more on that in a bit)to photograph it.

I kind of messed with my old spinach dip and went with what I had and what I craved it to be.

Baked Greek Spinach Dip

1 8oz plain greek yogurt
1 cup of reduced fat mayo
1/4 cup of milk
1 cup of reduced fat mozzerella cheese
1/4 cup to 1/2 a cup of feta cheese
1 cup of fresh spinach chopped up
pepper to season-- NOT salt-- feta has enough of a saltiness taste so do NOT add salt


Get a small baking dish. Mix greek yogurt and mayo together. Add milk and whisk all 3 together till nice and smooth and creamy. Stir in mozzerella cheese and some pepper. Add chopped spinach and stir it all up again. Then kind of pat the dip down till it is nice and flat. Sprinkle feta on top. I would have loved to add diced tomatoes or even some diced red onion on top too, but my hubby not as big of a fan of tomatoes and I thought of the onion too late--- bake the dip in your toaster oven for about 10-15 minutes or until dip is nice and bubbly and feta is a little browned. I like baking this in the toaster oven because it is summer and who wants to turn the oven on? Also, its such a small dip that it is so much easier this way :)

Get some pita bread, naan bread, or tortilla chips and enjoy!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That sounds amazing. May have to make that tonight!!

LinkWithin